Personal Data Protection Policy
Lakeside Family Services (Lakeside) respects your privacy and recognises that your personal data is important to you. We are therefore committed to safeguarding your personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Our Personal Data Protection Policy outlines our obligations and practices in the handling of the Personal Data we collect and hold about our clients, volunteers, partners and all others who come into contact with us across all touch points of our operations, including those seeking employment with us.
1. Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data
Lakeside Family Services collects, uses and discloses personal data for the purpose of providing services to our clients, engaging volunteers and donors, working with partners, employment matters, reporting to proper authorities and other relevant and reasonable work that are necessary to facilitate and enhance our services.
2. Right of Access & Correction
You may request in writing for access to your personal information. If there is any need to update or revise your personal data, you can do so in writing to us with documentary proof.
3. Withdrawal of Consent
Withdrawal of consent should be made formally in writing with documentary proof. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, this may restrict our ability to render you the necessary services. Therefore, Lakeside Family Services has the right to decide whether to continue or to terminate the service.
4. Protection & Retention
Security of Personal Data is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We will retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period for the purposes as cited or until you request for us to delete the Personal Data, or as required by law.
5. Right to Amend Personal Data Protection Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Personal Data Protection Policy at any time. We may change the content of this policy without notifying you of any changes.
6. Enquiries and Updates
For any enquiries and update on Personal Data Protection Policy, please contact Lakeside’s Data Protection Officer via 6265-6522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Lakeside Family Services (Lakeside) is committed to an honest, fair and transparent working environment with the highest ethical and moral standards. All whistleblowing complaints shall be dealt with independently, fairly and expeditiously. Misconduct includes but is not limited to:
a) violation of laws and regulations
b) unethical or improper conduct
c) breach of Lakeside’s internal policies (including but not limited to Lakeside’s Staff and Volunteers Code of Conduct), standard operating procedures, rules, and guidelines
d) conduct in the discharge of the Employee’s work that jeopardises the safety of the Employees, the public or the environment
e) abuse of authority
f) neglect in the discharge of duties
h) any conduct that has adverse reputational and/or operational implications on Lakeside
i) suppression or concealment of any information relating to any of the above types of actions.
2. All whistleblowing complaints are to be made to Lakeside’s Audit Committee Chairman at email@example.com. A whistle-blowing complaint shall, to the extent possible, include the following information:
a) if an Employee, the Lakeside department in which the Whistleblower works
b) if a Non-Employee, where such person is employed or such person’s relationship to Lakeside
c) date, time & place of the actions/transactions
d) identity and particulars of the parties involved
e) evidence substantiating the allegations
f) any relevant information concerning the allegations
g) and contact details (to facilitate follow up queries)
3. Subject to applicable laws and regulations, Lakeside will take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of the Whistleblower consistent with the need to conduct an adequate review. Anonymous whistleblowing will not be entertained. Whistleblowers are encouraged to identify themselves and provide their contact particulars. The ability to investigate depends on the sufficiency and quality of the information provided by the Whistleblower. Lakeside Management Committee will consider taking actions as may be appropriate.